Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I was just practicing the ancient Japanese art of karaoke. . . .

Day 1 - A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was.


Well it's Tuesday which means my boss is in town so my day was just ok.  As opposed to most days when my boss is working 2 hours away so I know he can't just pop in on me and catch me on Facebook, Netflix, or catching up with all my bloggy friends (not that I do ANY of those on company time).

Tuesday also means karaoke at Applebee's.  It's a tradition like apple pie, or sparklers in July.  There's a lot of regulars that come to karaoke every Tuesday.  My favorites are Wyatt and Alexis.  Wyatt because he sings songs like Celine Dion "It's all coming back to me now".  You have to love that.  He sings good enough to put on a show but doesn't take himself seriously.  He is literally a superstar at karaoke, everyone loves him and you'll know when he shows up because the DJ will give one of these "Wyatt is in the house everybody" and everyone cheers.  Freakin.  Hilarious.  Alexis on the other hand sings like she's expecting feedback from Randy, Steven, and JLo.  She works the whole waving hand and winking at the crowd.  It gets uncomfortable if your too close.  It's Applebee's sweetie, no one's getting the golden ticket to Hollywood here.

No comments:

Post a Comment