Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 20 - The meaning behind your blog name.

When I set my blog up I was blaring music from my ipod which is pretty normal at my house.  While trying to think of a name my mind was kind of wandering in the direction of "life's journey" and then a Chris Ledoux song came on:

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high
keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
and live like you ain't afraid to die
and don't be scared, just enjoy the ride

Of course because I had the perfect name the URL was taken so I just used my name.  About a year ago I decided I wanted to change it and so pondering at my laptop once again with the music on George Strait was singing these words:

Find a truck and fire it up
lean on the gas and off the clutch
leave Dallas in the dust
so baby run

I just kept coming back to "lean on the gas and off the clutch".
So it probably makes sense to no one but me but that's ok because I am the sheriff, judge, and executioner around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment