Friday, September 3, 2010

SPEAK UP!


Day 3 - Something you have to forgive yourself for.

So this would be the ugly and embarrassing part I mention earlier. This may sound dumb but I have carried this with me for 13 years. Once on an FFA trip one of my very dear friends, Coca Cola, was berating another girl in front of everyone. She was telling Pepsi what an awful person her father was. I knew better. I knew what a good man he was. He was my bishop and did so much for my family. Obviously no one is perfect but no matter what Coca Cola thought of this man, it was unfair of her to put that burden on his daughters shoulders. Family is a line you just don't cross. I have a mental picture burned into my brain of Pepsi's face while this was happening, how sad she looked. I feel ashamed that I didn't stand up for her or her father and make this ridicule stop. Why is it so difficult to stand up to a friend when they do something you know is not right? Everything inside of me was screaming to say something, anything, even if it was just to change the subject. I didn't, I sat there like a coward. I don't think I'll ever fully forgive myself until I apologize to her and she forgives me.

side note: Obviously the names have been changed because I'm not calling anyone out here, this is about me. Also, it would be ridiculous for anyone to name their kids Coca Cola or Pepsi...seriously don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment