Monday, November 1, 2010

Speak Now

"Real life is a funny thing, you know.  In real life saying the right thing at the right moment is beyond crucial.  So crucial, in fact, that most of us start to hesitate, for fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.  But lately what I've begun to fear more than that is letting the moment pass without saying anything.  There is a time for silence.  There is a time for waiting your turn.  But if you know how you feel, and you clearly know what you need to say, you'll know it." ~ Taylor Swift

So here are my top 5 songs from the new album "Speak Now", and a little lyrical sampling.

5. Mine ~ "you are the best thing, that's ever been mine"

4. Better Than Revenge ~ "she's not a saint, and she's not what you think, she's an actress but she's better known for things that she does on the mattress"


3. Speak Now ~ "all eyes on me, horrified looks from everyone in the room, but I'm only looking at you"

2. Mean ~ "someday I'll be livin' in a big ole city, and all you're ever gonna be is mean, and a liar and pathetic and alone in life and mean, why you gotta be so mean"

1. Back to December ~ "you gave me roses and I left them there to die, you gave me all your love and all I gave you was goodbye"


Bonus song (puh-leeeze! I can't pick just 5): Haunted ~ "it's getting dark and it's all so quiet and I can't trust anything now, come on, come on, don't leave me like this, I thought I had you figured out"

1 comment:

  1. .....I forced myself to read this.... thats how much i love you

    ReplyDelete