Saturday, November 27, 2010

And the award for the worst aunt ever.....

Sometimes your wrong.

I got my niece the cutest outfit for her birthday.  However, the skinny jeans were a little too skinny.  Rather then exchanging for a different size she changed the whole entire outfit!

My adult brain should have told me that it's HER birthday and SHE should get something SHE likes.  Instead my immaturity shined through like a high beam during hunting season and said "it's hideous".  I literally said "It's hideous"...out loud...to her face!  Don't worry I'm not completely vicious. It didn't take long for me to feel so guilty I had to put my big girl pants on and go apologize. Luckily she's way more mature than me and quickly forgave me.

What makes us project onto the little ones in our lives when we should be helping them find their own path?

1 comment: