Friday, April 15, 2011

You can take the girl out of the country. . . .

Photobucket


*  I am so grateful to my parents for sacrificing their time and money so that I could grow up in a small town.  (Even though my mom would admit the only way you are moving her from Enterprise is in a casket.)

*  I'm sure there were a lot of other things my dad would have liked to do besides drive an hour to and from work each day....that's 10 HOURS of driving a WEEK!!  Which computes to a whole lot of gas $$$$.

*  I know there are things in the city that you can't get in a small town.  But, that works both ways.

*  I have a work trip coming up that I am NOT excited about.

*  Did I mention I have to go on an airplane???  To a big city???

*  Did I mention I hate big cities that I don't know where I'm going or how long it will take to get there???

*  What if I'm in a cab and I get car sick or need to go to the bathroom???

*  YES!  This is what keeps me up at night!

*  To make matters worse, I got an email from the factory I will be visiting and they "wanted to know more about me".  I deleted that email in a hurry.

*  Then I got a phone call about the email I had not yet responded to....(oops).  "We're so excited your coming and we'll be going to dinner at least 3 times that week"  Say what?

*  I just know they are going to take us to some fancy schmancy restaurant I probably won't be able to pronounce the name of.

*  I will literally projectile vomit if anyone within 3 seats of me orders any kind of sea food!

*  I'm sure they won't serve the kind of food I like

*  Sorry!  I was raised in a hick town and have simple taste.

6 comments:

  1. I'm a small town girl living in the big city now..
    Loved the post.. and loled at the picture!!

    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. small town to big city...man i wish i could watch that happen...i bet it is gonna be awesome!

    and that pic is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you from Enterprise, Alabama? I am an Alabama girl.

    Enjoy your time @ the factory. You will do great I'm sure!

    I am visiting from Mamarazzi's blog.

    ~Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took a while for me to appreciate why my parents wanted to raise us somewhere quiet, but I certainly do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madison isn't that big. Try living in St. Louis or Jacksonville (population over 1 million). You'll probably go to Outback or Olive Garden so don't worry. And just be yourself and they'll be eating out of your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back to living in a small town...kind of small, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete