Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No sex and the city.



I don't know about you, but I'm so sick of seeing all this "celebrate your man week" "husband week" "mommy week" "dad week" and such nonsense on FB.  
I'm gonna be honest the worst has been "mommy week" posting the day you became a mom for the first time.  Besides the fact that no one can decide officially what week it is, they all have it different, it sometimes feels like a dagger to the heart.  Everytime I see that on my home page it reminds me I am one year older next month and not any closer to celebrating my own "mommy week". 

Don't worry about me though, cuz it's "I'm single week" all year long!  And here's how I celebrate:
 
* I go to the movies and I get to pick everytime.  Chick flick?  No complaints here.
* Same goes for dinner.  I always choose the restaraunt.
* If I wanna have oreo's and milk for dinner, I do it.
* I don't have to split holidays with any in-laws. 
* I spend as much money as I want on cute boots and don't have to hide them in the back of the closet.
* I don't need to worry about getting a babysitter.
* Girls Night Out = your life.
* Five words: Full control of the remote.

Bitter?  Just. A. Tad. 

1 comment:

  1. I think those posts are so dumb. I mean really, who gets to decide which "week" it is anyway? Everyone is going to think they have the best sister, brother, child, husband, pet etc--I am tired of it.
    But I am sorry that it is a reminder to you . . . I love you!

    ReplyDelete