Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Elephant arch. . . .

Hike 2 of our training program to be ready for trekking 27 miles across the Grand Canyon, commenced this past Saturday.  We started early.


And by "we" I'm referring of course to me and my mother.  The only two who showed up at 6am to hit the trail.  Our plan:  2.5 miles to Elephant Arch.  A nice 5 miles round trip, no big D. 

What actually went down:  The gate to the trail head was closed so we had to park there and walk 1.5 miles before we even got to where the trail started.


It wasn't bad.  We had started early enough that the heat wasn't an issue.  Then about a mile or so after the trailhead, is Bone Wash.  Kill. Me. Now.


Does that sand look fun?  It's not.  You get to walk in this crap for 1.5 miles.  And then. . . .


You're there.


Hiking is for rich people who hate themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I loved the last line! I am still cracking up.

    ReplyDelete